Personal CD's & IRA's
Certificates of Deposit(CD's)
Take advantage of CDs to earn attractive interest rates over a set period of time. By putting your resources into a CD, you can be assured of a fixed interest rate and investment term. This makes it easier to budget interest earnings. CD’s are FDIC insured and guaranteed as a safe investment. At Iowa State Bank, we offer flexible terms and competitive rates to help you reach your savings goals.
- $1,000 minimum opening deposit
- 30 days to 5 year terms available
- In general, you can get a higher interest rate by choosing a longer term or maintaining a higher balance. CD Specials offer premium rates; however, Iowa State Bank determines the term and a larger opening deposit is required.
- Interest is compounded annually.
- Variety of interest payment options and frequencies:
Interest can be paid to the CD
Interest can be deposited to an Iowa State Bank checking or savings account
An interest check can be mailed directly to you
Interest can be paid monthly, quarterly or yearly
- CD will automatically renew at the lower, default rate unless we hear from you during the 10-day grace period
- Withdrawals cannot be made until maturity without a substantial penalty
A Traditional IRA is an excellent way to supplement your retirement income. IRA's are invested in Iowa State Bank CD's and are FDIC insured.
- $500 minimum opening deposit
- 30 days to 60 months terms available
- Withdrawals cannot be made until maturity without a substantial penalty unless you are at least 59½ years old at the time of funds withdrawal and are receiving the funds as a normal IRA distribution.
- Interest rate will remain the same throughout the term of the CD
- CD will automatically renew
- 10-day grace period
- CD Specials offer premium rates; however the term is determined by the bank and a larger opening deposit is required